Tenant Vacation Rental Damage Insurance
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION
All reservations shall include a $50 premium charged to Guest for Rental Damage Protection that protects all parties for costs related to unintentional damages caused to the rental property during their stay, up to a maximum of $3000, provided such damage is reported by the tenant to the Rental Agent prior to, or at check-out.
WHAT IS RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION? Rental Damage Protection (RDP) provides coverage against accidental damage to the vacation rental property during your stay. When a traveler purchases this program, the RDP plan covers the traveler for up to the specified coverage amount ($3000) if the property or contents in the property are damaged during the stay. Coverage is subject to program terms and conditions.
WHAT IS THE ADDED VALUE TO THE TRAVELER? Travelers can alleviate their concerns with when or how much of their security deposit will be returned. The RDP plan reduces the risk of additional credit card charges, refunds and charge back issues while preventing the need to tie up hundreds of dollars of personal cash to cover security deposits. Travelers receive peace of mind knowing that if accidental damage occurs, they are protected.
WHAT DOES RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION COVER? The RDP plan covers against accidental damage to the rental property and its contents. Examples include (but not limited to):
- Accidental broken lamp or broken furniture
- Accidental carpet spill
- Accidental broken glassware or broken appliances
- Accidental damage to hardwood floors
- Accidental pet damage in pet friendly unit
- House cleaning
- Lost beach badges
- Broken glass table/umbrella from wind
- Gross negligence or willful destruction of property by traveler or member of their party
- Pet damage in a “no pets allowed” rental unit
- Damage to rental unit by someone not in rental party or not during rental period